As of July 1st, provincial restrictions on retail stores have been eliminated including shields and masks for those fully vaccinated. In fact, in the provinces Step 3 mandate, masks are only recommended, not required, for anyone who is NOT fully vaccinated.
Welcome news for businesses and customers alike. Of course, anyone wanting to wear a mask are always welcome.
Masks are recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. The mask mandate order under the Emergency Program Act was lifted July 1.
- You're fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2
- Masks are optional for children aged 2 to 12
- Children under 2 should not wear masks
- Proof of vaccination does not need to be requested by service providers
- Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask after they're fully vaccinated and that's okay"